Boston Truck Accident Lawyer
From dump trucks and construction equipment entering and leaving the roadway, to 18-wheeler tractor-trailers ruling the highways, Boston motorists face an ever-present risk of catastrophic injury in a serious truck accident. At the Leontire and Associates, P.C., our Boston truck accident lawyers have experience obtaining compensation on behalf of accident victims with the most serious injuries. Call our office if you have been injured in a truck accident in Boston or New Bedford, and we will work to get you the care and compensation you need and deserve.
Facts about Boston Truck Traffic Connecting America and the World
- I-95, which flows through Boston, is the nation’s main east coast highway covering the length of the country from Florida to Maine
- I-90 is the longest highway in the U.S., stretching from Seattle to Boston
- The Port of Boston handles fore than 50,000 vehicles and 1.5 million metric tons of cargo every year
- Boston is a major east coast port
- Boston is New England’s gateway to the world
Common Causes of Boston Truck Accidents
- Driving while fatigued
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Driving under the influence of artificial stimulants
- Driving on worn-out tires
- Out-of-adjustment brakes
- Bad or missing brake components
- Defective signal lights
- Unbalanced loads
- Unsecured loads
- Overloaded trailers
Truck drivers and trucking companies are required to follow federal regulations regarding how long truckers can be on duty or behind the wheel without taking rest breaks or days off. They are also required to inspect and maintain their fleets in safe working condition. Yet roadside inspections year after year reveal thousands of trucks and truck drivers out of compliance with safety rules, and even falsifying records to cover up noncompliance, to the point that they must be immediately pulled from service for serious safety issues.
After a serious truck accident, our Boston personal injury lawyers go to work investigating the accident, determining fault, and securing the evidence needed to press a claim against the trucking company for a full and fair amount of compensation. When cases don’t settle for an appropriate amount, we put our superior trial skills to use and let a jury decide what the outcome should be.
Get the Help You Need after a Serious Truck Accident in Boston or New Bedford
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or worse in a truck accident in Boston or New Bedford, call the Leontire and Associates, P.C. for a free consultation with an experienced and professional Boston truck accident lawyer.